– ACADEMIC, SCIENTIFIC, CREATIVE –
Removal of excess skin and fat from the inner thigh with surgical excision in combination with liposuction.
This procedure restores the contour and shape of the thigh.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR THIS PROCEDURE:
- Any patient with excess skin of the inner thigh. This is usually the result of the ageing process, weight gain and fluctuations, or massive weight loss.
What are the types of thigh lifts?
- Limited thigh lift: horizontal excision in the groin
- Extended thigh lift: extended excision in the medial aspect of the thigh extending down to the knee.
The medial thigh contains important lymphatic structures. These structures are important to drain any extra fluid in the limb and prevent causing lymphoedema.
I perform a thigh lift procedure while very effective preserves these important structures.
The extent of the excision and scar depends on the extent of the excess skin and fat. The scar may be limited in the groin region or may extend down to the knee.
Massive weight loss procedures
- 3-4 weeks to return to work
- 6 weeks to exercise
- Compression garments needs to be worn up to 3 months
- Drains may be in situ for up to 2 weeks
Contact us to arrange a consultation for a full assessment by Dr Liakos. We are happy to answer any questions or queries you may have.
Dr Dimitri Liakos is a member of the College of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of South Africa and a member of the Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons of South Africa (APRASSA).
He is a member of the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons (WSRM) and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS).